2006 Edition Overview
Codex Alpe Adria 2006 took place from June 30 to July 2nd, 2006.
Media Gallery and Productions
The following archived resources are available:
Codex Alpe Adria 2006 was permeated by a lively scene spirit throughout the event, and featured a number of public seminars on Saturday. Sunday's focus was on demoscene productions, creativity and competitions. Scene art, alternative computing items and retrocomputing artifacts were on display on Saturday and Sunday. As usual, many friends gathered on Friday to help with setup, and, schedule permitting, joined Monday's excursions.
Featured themes and exhibits:
- Software and art: demoscene meeting and productions
- Latest alternative computing hardware and software developments
- Retrocomputing section (including prototypes and other quite exotic systems)
- History of Amiga with hardware and videos (including collection of Amiga computers, prototypes, brand new Amiga videos, etc.)
- Software emulation of Commodore, Amiga and other hardware
The following sessions were held on Saturday:
- 10:30 - M. C. Battilana:
- 11:00 - Dennis van Weeren:
- Presentation of Minimig (an Amiga in an FPGA)
- 12:00 - Bernd Schmidt:
- History of UAE (the original Amiga emulation software)
- 12:30 - Jens Schönfeld (Individual Computers):
- Presentation of Keyrah (turns classic computers into USB keyboards) and other new developments
- 13:30 - Break
- 14:00 - Dario Soccoli and Max Tretene:
- 14:30 - Matteo Rodaro (Reload) and Marco Pini (Apple User Group Friuli Venezia Giulia):
- 15:00 - Cesare Castiglia and Max Raber:
- 16:00 - Break
- 16:30 - Open Microphone
- 17:00 - Update on Competitions
- 17:30 - Announcements for Sunday
All the speakers of the scheduled sessions were available throughout the day for personal presentations. Additional presentations were held at the various computing desks located at the venue.
- Daniele Redivo presented his Bike 64 project, allowing visitors to enjoy a ride on his amazing bycicle
- Enrico Vidale and his Virtual Works staff showed AmigaOne and Pegasos hardware running various operating systems
- During the open microphone session Fabrizio presented the Prophet 64 synthesizer and SID editor
The list of retrocomputing items exhibited at the 2006 event was considerably longer than before. The items are better appreciated in the gallery.
The Codex Alpe Adria 2006 T-shirts featured a combination of "retro" look and high-tech, high-quality materials.
The T-shirts were part of the competition prizes, and were also sold at pure production cost (no commissions).
Buyers beware, and winners enjoy: these T-shirts were horribly expensive, because of the limited (manual) production quantities, the high-quality garment, the dual-color plot printing, the complexity of the patterns, and the special reflective and phosphorescent materials used.
The Codex Alpe Adria 2006 T-shirt:
Reflective under direct light:
Hex editor required in the dark:
The following events took place during Codex Alpe Adria 2006 (event-specific links are likely not to be up to date):
- February 11-September 17: Missoni Kaleidoscope, at Musei Provinciali di Palazzo Attems-Petzenstein in Gorizia
- April 4-August 31: In Hoc Signo - The Treasures of Crosses (in Portogruaro, near Pordenone, and at several nearby locations)
- April 9-September 24: Infinite Painting - Contemporary Painting and Global Realism, at Villa Manin (near Codroipo)
- May 11-September 23: Veneto Festival 2006 (concerts in Friuli Venezia Giulia and neighboring regions)
- May 13-November 12: China at Duino Castle, at Duino castle just outside Trieste
- May 23-August 10: Udinestate 2006 (concerts and events in Udine)
- June 29-July 2: International Music Festival (concerts and exhibitions in Azzano Decimo, near Pordenone)
- June 15-July 20 Udin&jazz (several concerts in and around Udine)
- June 22-25: Biker Fest in Sutrio, on Mount Zoncolan (north of Udine)
- June 30-July 2: Fieste dai croz (local festival of frog-related gastronomy, in Bueriis, near Magnano in Riviera)
- July 1: I Solisti Veneti and Simion Stanciu - Syrinx at Giardini del Palazzo Comunale in Cormons (near Udine, concert beginning at 21:00, part of Veneto Festival 2006)
- July 1: La notte bianca, free open air concert by Max Gazzé and Marina Rei, and other all-night events in Padova
- July 1-16: Stazione di Topolò 2006 - Postaja Topolove 2006 international art festival in Topolò (a village in the valleys near Cividale del Friuli, on the border with Slovenia)
- July 6-30: Folkest 2006 Festival (international folk festival with concerts at different locations in and around Udine)
- July 7-15: Rototom Sunsplash 2006 Festival in Osoppo (train or bus to Gemona, then free shuttle to the event)
- July 12-23: MittelFest 2006, festival of performing arts (in Cividale del Friuli)
- July 14-August 26: NoBordersMusic Festival at several locations around Udine
We would like to thank all organizers, speakers, exhibitors and attendees for making this event possible, and in particular the following volunteers for their special help in organizing Codex Alpe Adria 2005:
- Retrocomputing support: Marco Pini and Matteo Rodaro
- Demoscene support: you know who you are (and we wish the topic was simpler to handle here - anyway a big Thank You)
- Media relations: Claudio Marro Filosa
- Additional setup and logistics: Dario Soccoli, Francesco Casarsa, Luca Danelon and Maurizio Treppo
- Everybody at Cloanto, and their loved ones
- All the people who keep making us feel part of a very special community
Codex Alpe Adria 2006 was supported by Cloanto Italia srl. The municipality of Tavagnacco kindly allowed Codex Alpe Adria 2006 to use one of its facilities.